Hey, Girl! I’m Kim.
I am a twenty-something year old who has explored every health and wellness trend of the past decade, and I’m on a mission to help others live their best life while ballin’ on a budget. From fitness to fashion, I have an obsession with looking good at a fraction of the cost.
Between you and me, we’re a lot alike. Our goal is to have a successful career, look (and feel!) our best, and live an Instagram-worthy life…all on a laughable income that’s being sabotaged by our student loans. Don’t worry, friends. I’m here to help you every step of the way as you achieve success, find a healthy balance, and make sure that you don’t lose yourself in the process.
You’re in the right place if you…
- Enjoy working out but would rather have a Netflix marathon than train for one.
- Try to eat healthy but also love wine and pizza.
- Have extreme wanderlust but the only place you can afford to travel is your backyard.
- Are frugal AF but all bets are off if you’re dropped off at Target.
- Work full time and feel like you have zero time to do what you love.
- Get stressed out at the drop of a hat and worrying is your cardio.
Some bloggers strive to be thought leaders in their niche, but I want you to pull up a chair to my brunch table. As you scroll through my posts I hope you have a lot of laughs and walk away feeling that you learned something.
- I have a small mountain of student loans.
- I try to eat my vegetables but you can very well find me getting my steps in while pacing around my apartment, eating chocolate chips.
- I’m either on top of my meal prep game or playing Chopped with my fridge when dinner rolls around.
- I try to go to the gym several times a week but you’re more likely to find me kicking my feet up on the couch than at a kickboxing class.
My blogging journey.
The early years.
Sports were never my thing so I’m blessed that I was born with the ability to string words together. I’m also lucky to have parents who were supportive of my angsty story writing and never sent me to therapy. Creative writing has been a staple in my life since I was in elementary school. While it’s been a while since I’ve penned a story, I hope someday to publish a two-part novel that becomes a Netflix (or Hulu, or HBO) original. Because why do all good things have to come in threes?
Chronicling my world adventures.
Studying abroad in Shanghai was exhilarating and I’m glad that I was able to share the real-time experience of my travels with my family. This is when I fell in love with blogging. I’m not sure if it was the writing or the ability to horrify my parents from a world away, but either way I was hooked. I knew at that point this hobby was something that I wanted to visit again where the coffee and the wifi were stronger.
Blogging for the big time.
After graduating, I found myself working at a marketing agency and getting a full-rounded digital education. While I was a jack-of-all-trades when it came to the internet, the bulk of my responsibilities involved content creation for various clients. From supply chain management to energy conservation, I spent hours each week writing about things I wasn’t passionate about, but each piece was warmly received. I began to image what I could do with topics that I cared deeply about.
Inspiring others to live brilliantly.
The Bun of Brilliance was born thanks to my coworkers’ constant praise of the ideas that seemed to flow out of my messy bun. They say that you should dress for the job you want, not the one you have, and that’s why I decided I wanted to become a blogger. What other job can you have that involves wrapping yourself in a blanket, sitting on the couch all day, and sharing your unsolicited opinions with the world? Although I’m not traveling the world or making incredible discoveries, I enjoy helping solve mysteries that twentysomethings face all of the time.